Today’s Microsoft Excel quick tip is a brief one. If anyone has any questions or queries about Excel contact me and I will add them to the next tip of the day. It seems with the new release of Excel Microsoft in it’s infinite wisdom has once again changed up how to enable the developer toolbar. By default the developer toolbar is not enabled, it is a trivial process to enable it.
Activating the Developer Toolbar Excel 2010
Click on the File tab on the ribbon and then click Options.
- An option window will now pop-up.
- Click on Customize Ribbon.
- Click the unchecked developer check box in the right hand pane and click OK.
Enable the Developer Toolbar Excel: Video Tutorial
Activating the Developer Toolbar Excel 2011 Mac OS X
In the latest release of Excel for Mac the full array of visual basic features are available to Mac users. As with most things on Mac the process to enable the developer toolbar is simple.
- Launch Excel Preferences by going to menubar Excel —> Preferences.
- Click on the Ribbon Option.
- The Ribbon Options window will change.
- In the Customise field scroll down to the bottom
- Click on the Developer Check Box and click OK.